We are at an exciting time for PSC and, to advance our research, are looking for patients to get involved. If the study is successful, we will be closer to achieving our ultimate goal of developing effective treatments for this chronic disease. For this we need all patients who have PSC to participate.
Taking part in the study involves:
- Donating two blood samples, which can be taken at your next hospital appointment for your PSC or at your GP’s surgery. One sample is for DNA extraction and one is to measure markers in the blood associated with PSC.
- Completing a participant questionnaire about your PSC and your health in general
- Completing a pruritus questionnaire about your experience of itching symptoms
For more information or to request a study pack, please contact the study team at firstname.lastname@example.org (Tel: 0121 371 8101).
- British Association for the Study of the Liver
The national association for hepatology, dedicated to advancing knowledge and understanding of the biology and pathology of the liver for the optimal care of patients.
- British Liver Trust
The leading UK liver charity for all adult liver conditions. The Trust works to pioneer liver health and reduce the impact of liver disease through awareness, care and research.
- The Childrens Liver Disease Foundation
A UK charity dedicated to taking action against the effects of all liver diseases of childhood.
An adult liver patient support group serving the UK. Based at the Freeman Hospital, Newcastle upon Tyne.
- PSC Partners
A US-based charity working to provide research, education, and support for people affected by PSC.
- PSC Support
A UK-based charity offering support for those affected by PSC and supporting research into the condition.
- The National Institute of Health Research programme for rare diseases
The funder of the UK PSC Study